Thursday, March 1, 2007

Two Tests Down, A Boy Criticized For Being Smart?

Here I am, Wednesday night (technically Thursday early morning already) in my 5th floor student lounge of the lovely Matricaria Hall at MCPHS Boston. I have two tests down this week and have two more to go. Tomorrow it is my Drugs & Behavior midterm. On Friday I have statistics exam #1. Then it's the Brown Sugar Cafe on Friday night with Sharon for some Thai food. Then on Saturday morning, it's off for New Jersey for Spring Break. Woot.

So I've been trying to go to CNN.com to be more aware of the news. This morning or yesterday, I don't remember, there was a story about a teen who was being criticized and even beat up for getting a scholarship to a prestigious high school in NYC. (It was either NYC or the Bronx.) It was his friends from the Bronx who made fun of him. I don't think that's right at all. He is the one who's striving to be the best to be able to have a good future, to be a good role model for his little brother. I just think that kids these days are becoming more immature and juvenile. It seems that they are regressing, instead of progressing towards something better, for it seems that they should be due to all this new found technology and convenience that we have. However, it seems that it is simply doing just the opposite. More and more younger children are becoming addicted to video games, computers, cell phones, MySpace. Eh. Just some of my thoughts.

Update later when I am home in NEW JERSEY.

No comments: