Sunday, October 7, 2007

On Friends and Relationships

I'm not going to rant. Or complain. I just wanted to get my opinion out there.

I have friends that are in a frat. However, I knew for a fact that once they decided they wanted to pledge and be apart of it, our friendships would never be the same.

And thus, the reality of it all.

Of course, they have their loyalties now. Their brothers and sisters come first. Fine, sure, whatever. Understandable. But now I don't treat it anymore as waiting for them to invite or whatever. It's just me moving on, not waiting.

It's cool though when they try to make time to hang out with me. But it's not the same. It doesn't feel the same. Because then I just get bombarded with frat talk, this happened, and that happened, and yeah I know it's your life, but really, what about me? I hope I'm not coming across as selfish because I'm really not, and I'm not trying to be.

I understand that that is part of their life now. It's a lifelong commitment. Sure, I understand. But when you're not with your sisters and brothers, couldn't you simply just leave it at the door, for one time?

1 comment:

Heather said...

weird. i haven't encountered that problem. if i make it through, our friendship will be the same, if not better :)