Friday, June 8, 2007

I'm Think I'm Doing Good (basically a job entry)

After only two days of working at the Q! (this is what I'm going to call Quizno's), I feel that I'm doing a good job so far. Except I made a boo-boo today. I was making a side salad, but it was my first time making a side salad... and I was told it was just like making a regular salad... so I made it like a regular salad - meat, red onions, tomatoes, and cheese, and the dressing on the side. Except in a side salad, there's no meat. Only in the flatbread chopped salad, do you put meat. So I made a boo-boo. Damn. Oh well, I'll do my best to not make a mistake ever again... but it is inevitable, right? But I'll make sure to not make another dumb mistake as such.

So, as I was saying, I do think I'm doing a good job. For just basically being thrown in there and put to work, I'm learning fast. I know how to do the salads (now I do), and I'm quickly learning the sandwich making. Except the wrapper part... I need to learn what sandwiches usually get lettuce, because then I need to ask them if they want salad. But I don't want to ask someone if they want lettuce on a sandwich and then they'll look at me funny because lettuce is usually not on that kind of sandwich... but I'm learning. The people there seem like good people, and they are helping me through. I met the two other people on Wednesday when I was leaving, and they seem cool, too. I just want to meet and be cool with everyone.

I don't want to seem like a fool, but there are some things that bother me. I guess the fact of me not knowing how much I'm actually getting paid bothers me. But I guess I'll find out when I get my first paycheck. And the reason I don't want to ask is because Dan is stressed... oh Filipinos. Ugh to that.

I'm opening tomorrow and I hope Francis is there to help me. Otherwise, I think it'll just be me and Dan, and I was only there at 8am on my first day so remembering everything that has to be done is not quite fresh in my mind. I mean, I've only done it once! We'll see how everything goes tomorrow...

Also, I just started to learn how to slice the meat. And doing everything involved with it, like checking the reserves and checking which meats need to be cut.

Man, where's this workbook that the lady in the video was talking about?! I've yet to see it!

Well, hope this entry was interesting to read, I have other things to rant about but I don't feel the need to put it in here. If you really want to know other stuff, just IM me.

Lates.

I'm working 8-2 tomorrow, so if you want to come visit, I'm sure I'll be in better shape than my first day - (sorry Heather and Rani!)

:)

No comments: