Saturday, June 2, 2007

New Outlook on Life

So finally I got a job working at Quizno's Subs in Burlington Center. Of course it's not a pharmacy technician position, but at least it's something. At least I'll be making money and doing something with my summer besides staying at home being a bum.

I also got a car - my sister got a new car, so they were nice enough to give me her old one. Hooray :)

I may have gotten the job because I know the people running it. They're Filipinos so I've known them for a long time. Right now I don't know how much I'll be getting an hour - I'm guessing minimum? But at this point I don't really care. I'll be making money - which I WILL be saving. It's time to get my life in order.

I've also started to study my Med Terms. Combining forms, word roots, prefixes and suffixes. Hooray.

I've learned to stop feeling sorry for myself and to just do what you need to do. I may be scared doing this stuff but they are things that I have to do. I guess part of it is because I am the youngest of my family and I'm sort of used to everyone doing the "hard things" for me, that I've shunned away from doing those things. But now it's a slap in the face now that it's right in front of me with no one to deal with it - but me. And all I can do is just face all the things thrown at me and sure I'll take it slow at first as I learn things, but I believe that I'll get through it.

I have confidence in myself that I can be a success, in all aspects of life. I just need to learn and give all my effort to do what I want to do, to be who I want to be.

No comments: